Monday, February 08, 2010

Saturday was key lime pie day....

Did you know that Saturday was Key Lime Pie day? If so you missed out! I LOVE key lime pie and have been searching for the perfect recipe that mimics the key lime pie that they serve at Garden's Gate in Tehkummah. There really is nothing quite like it. Girls day at Audrey's and she found an amazing key lime pie recipe...


Good job Audrey! It was so yummy! Just give me the pie plate and a fork! I think for my 30th this year I should find someone who would make me a giant key lime pie. Seriously, no cake.. just pie.

The other great thing about Saturday was that I actually got to meet a fellow blogger. When I first started blogging I was mainly just doing it so that my family overseas could keep up to date with what we are doing here in Canada but it has kind of transformed into not only a McLaughlin family update site but also my place to rant and rave (the good and the bad), review books, music, FOOD! I really enjoy reading other people's blogs too but I never thought I would actually make friends through the blogging world AND get to meet them! I met C from 'Random thoughts and musings from the Island'. We started reading each others blogs as we were both on the Island and realized we had a mutual friend - Audrey. After making 2 cakes for C, phone calls, blog posts, face booking... I finally got to meet her! Had a great afternoon and am looking forward to our next key lime pie/girl time session!!

2 comments:

bodaat said...

oh my gosh, i took one look at that pie and wanted to devour it! :) and i'm glad that you got to meet a bloggie. i got to do that last summer when in portland. it was a bit awkward at first but i loved it!

Unknown said...

Ahhhhhhh!!! Remember we were taking photos of Audrey's key lime pie?!? I totally intended on blogging about our amazing Saturday and finally meeting "Maria, the amazing cake lady" in person!! Don't worry...a belated post will come soon! LOL!

It was sooooo great meeting you in person! Though we've spoken on the phone and have been FB-ing each other...and have Audrey to keep us in the loop, it feels like I've known you forever! Just as I suspected, you are such a cool, funny, awesome gal! You rock, Maria!! XO

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails