Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Maria - the non-sailor......

My birthday is soon so ages ago I told Sean for my birthday he could pay for me to do the sailing course put on by the Rotary Club. I figured I could learn how to sail a little better without my husband teaching me - this may save our marriage. Then, when we go sailing I would know what is going on and what to do to be a useful 'crew member' on the boat - again to help save our marriage! So off I go last night, for July it has been pretty un summer like and the water - freezing! So I am not too happy about that. I was also hoping I wouldn't actually know anyone on the course then I wouldn't look too stupid. Anyways down to the beach where a guy called 'Laser' and his assistant 'Star' teach us how to rig the boat (5 minutes), tell us how to right the boat if it capsizes (5 minutes) then send us down the dock to hop in and 'go at it'. You're kidding right??? No apparently they weren't. No class room time just get in the boat and go. This is what I am meant to look like.....

So this is what I looked like after I was smacked in the head with a mast (before I even go in the boat).... and after I capsized 6 times in 2 hours. I was exhausted and so cold that I couldn't feel my fingers or toes. It is pouring with rain and I have to go and do it again now.... this is meant to be fun?? Seriously???


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails