Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Dinner at Rocky Racoon!!


I am so excited that Robin decided to come back this year and open the Rocky Raccoon Cafe in Gore Bay. As much as I love to drive to Providence Bay to The School house or to Tehkummah to Garden's Gate, we were really missing a fine dining place in town to eat. Nothing like being able to sit in the 'red roof' overlooking the Bay and enjoy a good meal! Robin's menu is different from what you will get anywhere else on the Island.. he makes a mean curry and great samosas and maple spiced bread. Last night (I meant to take a picture of the menu) he was preparing two curries.. a chicken one and a venison curry, a veggie stir-fry with tofu, chicken stuffed with goats cheese and wild boar bacon & whitefish. I might have missed a few things.... The only thing I was disapointment about what that some friends went there last night and had wild boar steaks.... It wasn't on the menu last night, I was really excited to try it! But I did try the venison curry. I have only ever had venison in the form of a sausage or a pepperette so I finally got to eat 'real' venison meat!

I had a mango lassi to drink... so yummy. It was like having dessert first! I also had the Thai coconut chicken soup to start... It was a little spicy for me but so good that I ate it anyway! Robin will make everything to your taste so whether you want something super spicy or really mild he will make it just how you like it!!!

So I totally broke my diet to have dinner tonight, not only did I have a starter, a huge curry, a dessert drink I also had two desserts... Total pig. We went for dinner because it was a friends birthday and the cake they bought out was AMAZING! Girls, I have found what I want for my birthday cake.... It was like a frozen key lime pie but on meringues, topped with a blackberry compote and frozen blackberries. So yummy!!!!!!


And because one desert wasn't enough I had the Rocky Raccoon balls.... yummy cream puffs!


Now that I have consumed all my calories for one week in one sitting I guess I will have to starve myself for the rest of the week! If you would like to get an idea of the menu here is a link to his Owen Sound restaurant, and if you are in Gore Bay make sure you stop in for lunch or dinner! It's too good to miss!

2 comments:

bodaat said...

oh my gosh, that all looks SO good! glad you got to pig out! everybody needs one or two (or more!) of those kinda nights.

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I LOOOOOOOOOVE the Rocky Raccoon!!! Maybe sometime you, Audrey and I can go together. Shall we skip the key lime pie date and just head to Rocky Raccoon? LOL! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails