Thursday, July 10, 2008

So I never did write about our sailing trip...

Off we headed to the Benjamin Islands.... The first day was great! We sailed out the boys slept, got there had a BBQ, movie and bed. We got up in the morning and the kids played on the beach while Sean turned into a lobster, went for a paddle in the dingy.. it was great! I was thinking I can't wait to do this again with the boys!! Not so fast.. hahaha

We go to head home and it's really windy.. so I am motoring the boat back and it looks like we're not moving.. so we decide to stay another night at an island close by called Innes. Well the the boat runs out of gas, baby is projectile vomiting and I can't move for at least another hour as the boat is heeled over on it's side as we sail towards Innes.... ahhhhhhh!! Anyways we finally drop anchor, have another BBQ (luckily I bought enough food).. bathe the baby, wash out the clothes and to bed for another night!

Next day.. we get up start to sail in, get going for about an hour and the wind dies.. So now we are bobbing ducks in a lake for 2 1/2 hours.. When the wind finally picks up it is just as bad as the day before so we sail back in major wind, which would have been fine if I didn't have two boys that don't want to sit still!! Anyway we finally got in at 6.30pm (bear in mind it only took us 3 hours to get out there in the first place) and we were exhausted!!! But after all the disasters, the boys were really good and I am looking forward to the August trip we have planned. Caleb was awesome he was so excited to be on the boat and just loved it! Have to get the photos off Sean's camera still.. then I'll post them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails