Thursday, September 18, 2008

My new Suffolk Solo's....

One of the things I did this summer was go to Toronto for a seminar with Tini my ballet teacher and we stopped at The Shoe Room in Toronto, which is at The National Ballet for a pointe shoe fitting. This may not sound very exciting to anyone who is not a ballet dancer.. but it was pretty exciting. I purchased a pair of Suffolk Solos and have now retired my old Bloch's. The fitting was great, the girls there spent an hour with me while I tried on a million different pairs to get the right fit.. the end result is a great fitting pair of shoes that have WAY more support for my feet (and overweight body) than my old pair do. I had my first lesson last night but unfortunately I had cut my one big toe nail too short so it was frustrating that I couldn't do too much on them! But there is a lot to be said for having a proper fitting and I would highly recommend The Shoe Room.. it's well worth the trip!

1 comment:

bodaat said...

Nice pic! When I went to get my tap shoes, there were a couple girls getting fit for pointe shoes. What does it entail?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails