Thursday, January 01, 2009

1st Blog post of 2009!

And what am I writing about?? Christmas! I am so behind I should be writing about New Years! Oh well better late than never!

Our Christmas.. low key. Partly because I am exhausted and have a case of the winter blues happening. Christmas is always such a stressful and emotionally exhausting time, I really felt it this year. As far as enjoying it with the kids and my hubby and some of our wonderful friends that came to visit it was wonderful, but if I didn't have to leave my house or change out of my PJ's it would have been better. It also would have been better if I was around my family... I was choking back the tears on the phone when I called to say Merry Christmas and my ENTIRE family was together except for me. It kills me that my kids haven't got to spend Christmas with my family and it pains even more that most of my family have never even met Mason. Well that's what you get for living a million miles away I guess. It usually doesn't bother me as much but this year I seem to be a little more emotional than others.

I never did get the popcorn on my tree, I think we ate most of it watching the batman movie but the boys didn't care and had so much fun. Caleb was especially fun now that he can understand a little more of what is going on. He is totally cute and asked for days before if Santa was coming tonight, when I said no not yet he then demanded that I take him to see him (he has met Santa 3 times over the last few weeks)... well you know Santa is busy at this time of the year....

My poor Mason was sick on Christmas day :( Christmas Eve I went to church with Sean's parents then came home and we stayed up until 7am with Mason who had a fever. He was such a trooper on Christmas day trying really hard to be excited with the 'ahh put me back to bed' look on his face... we did try.. no luck, no sleep. He finally crashed at 8.30pm and was in much better spirits on boxing day!! So we ate turkey, unwrapped presents, gained 20lbs, had not enough sleep, too much sleep.. the goes another Christmas. It is now back in the box until next year!!!!

Oh and my hubby thinks I am the best wife in the world...... His face when he opened his new 120gb ipod. Engraving on the back "Lets rock on Dad, Love Caleb & Mason xx"

1 comment:

bodaat said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you! Sorry to hear that Mason was sick on xmas day but it sounds like he pepped up a bit the next day. :) Love the new look of your blog too! And I love the idea of engraving the ipod - what an awesome idea!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails