Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Food, food, food and more food....

Friday night has traditionally become wing night. It started off as pizza and wing night then has become just wing night. Todd and Perry joined us this past Friday and I had to post a picture of the obscene amount of wings we cooked.... and of course of the boys chowing down with their hot sauce and beer! So there you go if you come for dinner at our house on a Friday night you know what you'll be having!


Saturday night was our themed dinner party which was so much fun! After all the agonizing I did make a lemon syllabub. It was a great meal.. there was Macaroni and Cheese from Perry's Mum. (he cheated and his mum made it)

Pot roast & veggies from Sue & Scott and Denise made what she calls 'Prison Food'. A mixture of ground beef, potatoes, peas and basically gravy (it was so good - I am a gravy monster!)

Hmmmm my plate full of yummy goodness!!! And for dessert I made my Dad's Lemon Syllabub.. so easy to make! Here is where I found the recipe, although my Dad said he used Brandy to make it instead of wine. As soon as I tasted it I remembered eating it. We would have it Sundays after a big roast dinner and he would serve it to us in a wine glass.. we felt so grown up!!


Other desserts were Perry's Mum's rice pudding (which he made himself ha ha!) and Denise made the most amazing apple torte it had almost a buttery shortbread base, then a cheesecake filling with jam spread on top then a layer of apples. AMAZING!! I went to Todd and Perry's place Monday on my lunch break and raided their fridge for a leftover piece. I even went as far as to leave a note on the remaining pieces on the fridge to tell them they were not allowed to throw it away, I will gladly eat any pieces left! After much agonizing for about a week and a million phone calls to my Mum it was a fun night... and now for the next one. We are having a Kraft Dinner pizza night? at Sue's place.. it apparently a Canadian thing and one I can't miss out on.. Incidentally did I mention I had hamburger helper for the first time in my life the other day??

3 comments:

bodaat said...

oh my gosh, that entire meal looks SO YUM!! i would have eaten myself silly. :) i love that you're leaving notes in your friends' kitchens. that's awesome!! hehehe...

Unknown said...

I pretty much did eat myself silly....

Unknown said...

I'm all of a sudden very hungry! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails