Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Saturday's Dinner Party....

Our good friends Todd and Perry decided that we don't get together enough for dinner with our friends. We always seem to be caught up in life running at a million miles an hour and now with the 'wonderful' recession we don't go out for fear that if we spend these pennies we work so hard for there might not be any more to spend... so we just stay home. Sound familiar??

So we are having a dinner party with a theme... (bearing the recession in mind and the need for comfort food in trying times) comfort food your parents made you growing up. Actually it was comfort food your Mum made you growing up, but my Dad cooked to so I made them change it to 'parents'. Except now I am trying to rack my brains to find something before Saturday... I can think of things but bear in mind we live in a REALLY small town with a REALLY small and understocked grocery store to trying to find anything that strays away from REALLY basic requires a two hour drive out of town. I mean I went in there today and they had no frozen pizzas... nothing... not one..??

My options so far seem to be this dish that is made with Kielbasa (that Sean hates), Beef cobbler, stuffed marrow (a veggie like a zucchini that you can't get here)... so beef cobbler it is now I need to find how to make it. I always remember this desert my Dad made called a Lemon Syllabub so I think I will make that too!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What ever happened to mashed potatoes?

Unknown said...

Who are you..... anonymous???

Anonymous said...

It's Adrienne ...wasn't trying to be secretive...it was just an easy way to post a comment ...you know how familiar I am with all this clog/facenovel/myplace stuff

Unknown said...

Yay!!! You posted a comment!! SO now I will know who anonymous is!!!

Mashed potatoes - Mason's fav. If that child could exist on mashed potatoes I think he would be fine with that.. I can't seem to get him to eat anything else!!!

I have decided on a dessert.. Lemon Syllabub!! My Dad used to make it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails