Thursday, February 26, 2009

Our new addition....



Sean feeding the cat hot dogs... Tug hoping the cat doesn't like them!


So Sean came home with a cat yesterday from his brother's barn. It's a 'no name' cat right now as we don't know if it is male or female (let's hope it doesn't start spitting out kittens). It's cute and really quiet, good with the kids... I guess it is used to noise and movement as it was on a farm with horses, 3 dogs and 4 kids running around. Tug loves cats, he always cuddles up with them, he is pretty mellow and relaxed (in the picture above) but Billie however would like to eat the cat.... We are trying to keep them in separate rooms until they get a little more acquainted... The first meeting didn't go very well... The cat was sat on the window sill and we put Billie next to it (he/she/him/her), they were really quiet for about 15 minutes just checking each other out.

"maybe they'll get along this should be so bad after all"

Famous last words, the cat went to move and as soon as it's back was turned Billie went after it. So now the cat is trying to run away, Billie has the cat's tail in his mouth... I am freaking out!!! So now we are going at it a little slower... I did some research on the Internet and we are following the suggestions by The Humane Society of the United States.... It's what came up on google!

I can hear my Mum groaning now.. she hates cats... I am not really a cat person. I find they are very unpredictable.... Sean grew up with cats so he is in love with this little creature. I did remark to Sean though that if I had come home with a cat he would lose it.... It's alright for him to drag stray animals into our house but I am sure that if it was me.... Hmmm lets just say I don't think he would be very happy.... We'll see how it goes and if Billie will give up his prey instinct to chase and eat!

6 comments:

bodaat said...

I remember when Shila first met my cat Harry. It was a nightmare but they eventually managed to get along. Is Billy wanting to play or eat? I guess that is the big question. Hope it goes well!

Unknown said...

I guess he is more wanting to chase it??

Unknown said...

Love the new addition to your family!
I read your blog! :) I started blogging when I moved up to the Island (well, more like when I was getting married in 2006 and I moved here in 2005). I think I found your blog on the Our Manitoulin blog. There's a list of Island blogs on there.

I've been trying to go incognito and don't mention real names (I use nicknames for everyone), since the Island is a small place and everyone seems to know everyone :)

Mind if I add you to my blogroll?

Unknown said...

No sure go ahead! Hmm it appears that the new addition to our family is pregnant so I am not very happy about it! But Caleb, my oldest is in love with the cat and the cat actually seems very attached to him so I guess it's ok :)

I can't believe you read my blog.. the whole thing? That's amazing LOL!! I started blogging after I had Caleb... all my family are overseas and my friends are either overseas or down south, so it is a great way to keep them informed with what's going on. I had no idea my blog was on Our Manitoulin Blog! I didn't think anyone really read it! :)

Unknown said...

That's EXACTLY why I started blogging in 2006! I moved up here in 2005 and all my friends, family and students (I teach English as a Second Language) live far, FAR away. They get updates from the blog and that way I don't have to write those annoying mass e-mail messages to everyone.

I then discovered that Murray, at Our Manitoulin (GREAT guy, by the way!) had me linked on his site. I had been flying under the radar for the longest time, but since the Island has that small town thing, I was shocked when people would come up to me at the grocery store and tell me they read my blog! CRAZY! In the city, that would never happen! LOL! :)

Unknown said...

P.S. It looks like we have a pregnant cat here on our farm too...but she's not even ours!!! Don't know where she came from! ;p

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails