Sunday, September 13, 2009

All things great and British!


My sis just came over for a weeks vacation... one of the most exciting parts of the trip for me? When she unpacks her suitcase and hands over bag after bag of delightful junk food from the UK that we can't buy here! Ok so all of it not technically British foods but just stuff that you can't get here that I fill my grocery cart with when I am in the UK.

My list:
1.) Jammie Dodgers - shortbread with strawberry jam in the middle
2.) Toasty Toppers - comes in different flavors, spred it on toast, broil until warm... yummmm...
3.) Penguin Bars - Chocolate covered biscuits, best soaked in hot tea then whipping out of mug and putting in your mouth just before all the chocolate and biscuit falls to the bottom of your mug!
4.) Mr Kiplings French Fancies - mini cakes with sugar cream and dipped in icing... pink ones definetly the best... MAJOR weakness in life.
5.) Ready Brek - add powder from box, add milk, zap in microwave... hmmm creamy porridge!
6.) Cadbury's Fudge - only 15p.. they still put that on the package! Fudge covered in chocolate..
7.) Cadbury's Curly Wurly's - braided caramel dipped in chocolate.. why you can't get this here I just don't know!
8.) Marmite - black stuff that you spread on toast. For me it HAS to be white toast or bread with lots of butter!
9.) Poppets - chocolate covered caramels, raisins.... one box missing, I think my hubby swiped it will have to have words when he comes home!

Other things not pictured here: Foxes candys, Barretts mints, Oxo cubes (you get the packets here but in the UK you get all kinds of different cubes) Pickapepper sauce (ok so again not really british but you can't buy it here!).

Off to make myself some tea and penguins!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooooooh!!! I love this post!!! Everything looks awesome...except for the Marmite! LOL! ;) When I was teaching in Japan, a lot of my co-workers were Brit, Aussie, and Kiwi. They introduced me to Marmite and Vegemite. OMG!! I was not expecting that flavour! I think it's an acquired taste and one that I have not yet acquired. Maybe one of these days! LOL! My friends overseas just LOVE that stuff though! As a joke, when I returned to Canada after my years of teaching and living abroad, my friends would send me Marmite! LOTS of it! LOL!

Unknown said...

BTW, I've got something for you on my blog. :)

Unknown said...

yes I think marmite is an acquired taste!

Natalie said...

And this is the only trip mention I got???? About the food????? hahahaha. Love ya sis. Start wrting your next list x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails