Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Green velvety heaven???

With St Patty's day being tomorrow I thought I would make something green! I am not really into (green) beer and green wine somehow doesn't seem really appealing... we have company coming and I am making Irish Stew so green cake it is for desert! Caleb decided today that he wanted to stay at the baby sitters, now that he is in school I guess he is not getting enough Jeanie time! With Caleb gone for supper it is the perfect time for me to do something fun with Mason just the two of us! A little while back I made a shamrock cake for someone's birthday so I had the cake pan already. Perfect!! A few posts back I made red velvet cupcakes and they were amazing ( so when I was blog surfing the other day I noticed Bakerella had made green velvet cakes substituting the red food colouring for green. Look familiar??

So I decided to make a green cake for supper and a batch of cupcakes for the kids at Jeanie's tomorrow topped with cream cheese icing and of course (the best part if you are a kid) green sprinkles!Get ready to drool Nat!!........

3 comments:

Natalie (Little Sis) said...

Im thinking I need to bake some this Saturday morning and take them to Rupert's parents house for the kids when we go down...would you suggest green or red???

AND YES - I AM DROOLING!!! You torture me sooo much!!

Unknown said...

Yes pure torture!!!! If you do red then you can use beet juice instead of red food colouring....

bodaat said...

you are a baking queen lately!! i love the green!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails