Monday, March 15, 2010

Dinner with NO KIDS!!!


I love my boys dearly... let me just say that but do you know how great it is to get some 'grown up' time?? We went to Todd & Perry's for dinner on Saturday night.. just the two of us!!! Walkin' down the street, holding' hands... and not screaming "don't touch that" "come back here" "do I need to count to three??"... it goes on and on you know the drill right? 3 hours of dinner, wine, buzz quiz and more wine in peace :) And... Perry made my fav.!!! Chinese food!!


Check out the funky 'beginner' chop sticks!

And... I am sure he knows by the amount of photos I took that I am going to blog about it! LOL Have you see the latest Food and Drink magazine?? It's got to be the best ever... It's got some yummy cupcake & desert recipes made with Baileys, different liquors... I spent hours drooling over it with my coffee on Saturday morning thinking up events and dinner parties that I can make all these yummy deserts for.... my sister would be in cupcake heaven!


The one recipe that stuck out in my head was a drink with ice cream, Tequila Rose, vodka and blended with ice.... Soon as Todd and Perry happened to have all those ingredients I promptly went about making it....
Hmmm I have a whole new love for Tequila Rose... See even my hubby traded his manly beer for a girly drink!!


Getting back to the night with no kids, we are very blessed to have two wonderful friends and even when we don't realize it, they know that we need some time away to kick it & relax with the 'grown ups'! Thanks guys :)

3 comments:

Natalie (Little Sister!) said...

TEQUILA ROSE!!!??!!!! I LOVE THAT STUFF!!! When Rupert worked at Punchbowl he ordered some for me and it sat on the top shelf in the pub so I could have it whenever I went in :) Everyone wanted to try it.....he knows the way to my heart!! hhahaha
AND yes, I would be in cupcake heaven......CUPCAKES ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I will keep the magazine for you when you come here and make you cupcakes every day!!!!! You should check out the magazine online and pre-pick the ones you like!!

Unknown said...

Oh, Maria! That sounds wonderful! Glad you were able to have an evening out without kids :)

For some reason, I feel like having a drink now after reading this! LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails