Monday, March 09, 2009

The big reveal...

It's like being on one of those TV shows where you walk into your house after a few days and it has been miraculously transformed! We watch a lot of those shows, my husband PVR's divine design and a handful of others that I usually have to sit through... SO anyways I go away for the weekend to Meldrum Bay to see the Featherstones and my husband while I am away takes it upon himself (with the help of Todd, Perry, Sue & Scott) and paints the downstairs of our house. Now I am not expecting anything like this and I am thinking it will be years before anything gets done as ripping out lath & plaster, insulating and dry walling is not in the budget, nor do we have the time. Did I mention really old ugly wall paper??? It is amazing what a few cans of paint can do!!!

Anyway here are the pictures.. and yes I love my hubby very much. Just when you feel worn down, underloved and appreciated he make a grand and thoughtful gesture like this!!! and.... we are blessed with truly wonderful friends :)

Dining Room Pre Makeover...


Tada!!!!!!

Entrance way when we 1st looked at the house...


Entrance way and stairs....

Living Room.....

Living room.. still have to hang pictures and make shelving unit in original doorway..

2 comments:

bodaat said...

How how wonderful! I love that color red - it's so warm and yummy. Very nice paired with the scenery outside too. :) Your hubby is awesome to have done all of that with your friends.

Lynne Gerard said...

Maria,
I'm envious of your fabulous house! (and yes, I'm another islander who reads your blog--You may have many you are unaware of!).

We bought our place (thanks to the wonderful assistance of your father-in-law, Hugh McLaughlin) because the land fit our needs. The house, frankly is butt-ugly and doesn't fit the landscape at all, although once we moved into it, the interior seemed friendlier with our belongings strewn about.

At any rate, I love the character of old houses and yours has it in spades. It is very nice of you to share the stamp of Sean & Maria you are putting upon it.

Keep up the good work.
You do have the "cutest blog on the block".

Lynne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails