Saturday, March 28, 2009

REMEMBER EARTH HOUR!!

Don't forget to turn off your lights tonight! 8.30-9.30pm. One hour that is all!!!

Here are 10 different ways to spend Earth Hour and reduce your carbon footprint:

1. Attend a local Earth Hour event or organize your own by throwing an Earth Hour street party with your neighbors
2. Gather family & friends for a night picnic in your local park and look at the stars
3. Enjoy a family dinner by candlelight
4. Organize a treasure hunt in the dark
5. Take the dog for a night walk
6. Have a candle-lit bath
7. Sit in the dark and share stories
8. Organize a family night playing board games
9. Share a romantic night in with your loved one
10. Upload your ‘on the night’ photos and videos to flickr and YouTube respectively, and then add them to the Earth Hour flickr group and the global YouTube Group.


Check out the website for more info.... http://www.earthhour.org/home/


2 comments:

Unknown said...

We're definitely participating in Earth Hour :) How easy is it to do this (especially when you live where we do)? :)

BTW, I go to Island Styles in Mindemoya to get my hair cut and styled. (377-7722)

I know it's a bit of a drive from GB, but so worth it :) Before I found them two years ago, I used to go OFF-ISLAND for my haircuts!!

Unknown said...

I keep meaning to book an appointment there I have heard good things! I also waited until a trip to Toronto to get my hair done :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails