Wednesday, February 24, 2010

This one's for you Nat!!!




My sister, after 4 1/2 years of blogging just discovered my blog.... She read the entire thing and is now bugging me for a blog post for her to read. I have a huge headache and am not feeling terribly inspired to write anything so I thought I would post a few pictures from hunting season on the Island. Luckily I had my camera as I was running into the grocery store this day and I thought as I snapped this shot "only on the island"!! So Nat this is for you.. Just to gross you out (and I know it will)!!!!

P.S. Someone did give me a venison roast to try out so I am going to cook it and I will post about it when I do. I have never had a venison roast or tried to cook one so it will either be great or a disaster!! I saw a Jamie Oliver show on TV where he cooked a venison tenderloin and it looked amazing so I made sure I got my hands on one!

5 comments:

just call me jo said...

There are venison lovers and then the rest of us... Good luck with that. I thought Idaho was the only place where it was common for dead animals to be strapped to ATVs and pickups on main street. You live and learn.

Unknown said...

Hunting week is a big week here! Like I said first time with the venison so it could be a disaster but I'll try anything once!

Unknown said...

HAHAHA! I just about died when I read this, Maria! I was just thinking, "Oh, boy! Only on the Island!!" ;) There are deer carcasses in front of the Home Hardware! LOL!

Hey, I was just telling Audrey that I almost bought the ingredients for key lime pie. I thought I'd make it and invite you guys over. Then I thought it would be soooo much nicer if I just treated the two of you to key lime pie at the Garden's Gate when they open for the season! LOL!

Natalie said...

Maria...you are right!! only on the island!!! SOOO GROSS!! I would die seeing that!! Good job I NEVER come for hunt seaon...
hummm....venison roast...will leave that one to you! I might actually attempt a roast beef next weekend.

Unknown said...

Yes as soon as Garden's Gate opens we'll be banging down the door!! LOL

Nat good luck with the roast! Don't cook it so it's as tough as boots!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails