Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Tug Update.....

So we went back to the vet on Friday... The vet thought he looked like a completely different dog. She thinks he may have been having muscle spasms or a pinched nerve the other day which is why he was howling in pain as he is now moving around better. She thinks he still has cancer and he still has blood in his stool. She gave us some medication to try for a week to see if he has an ulcer that is causing the blood in his stool. If we can fix that good news, if not then bad news and we may be saying goodbye to him. It is going to happen soon, but for right now she said he is not ready to go and is not in pain or suffering so he gets to get spoilt and pampered before we have to say goodbye to him. Either way it is going to happen and probably sooner than later.. I guess we will see what the end of next week brings....

3 comments:

bodaat said...

i have to tell you that you guys have been on my mind ever since i read your initial post about Tug. i wish i could give him a giant hug and a nice massage. lots of love to Tug and all of you. here's hoping for good news. -x-

just call me jo said...

I didn't read the first posting about Tug's health, but this one just tugs at my heart. (Pun intended...)
We put two dogs to sleep within a month of each other a couple of years ago.
We have their ashes and I still mourn them as if they were my close relatives. (actually I loved them more than I do some people--oops!)
Good luck with your sweet dog. It's never easy and all I can say is that he knows he's loved and he loves you. What more can we ask in life!

Unknown said...

Oh, Maria! This post made me cry. Losing a loved one (yes, pets are loved ones!) is never an easy thing. I thought we'd have to make that decision with our dog when he got run over by a school bus. That is my worst fear.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails