Thursday, August 27, 2009

A childhood Fav.

Apparently one of my favorite meals growing up as a child was stuffed marrow... What is a marrow? A giant zucchini.... I think. I was at the Farmers Market last Friday and Our Garden Path had these giant Zucchini's, I mean seriously look at the size of these things!

So I bought two and thought I would try and recreate my childhood meal. Ground beef, garlic, onions, seasoning..... So this is what it looked like.. it was pretty good. A really good comfort meal with veggies, mash & gravy! Not sure if it tasted how I remembered because to be honest.. I really don't remember!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh! That looks sooooooooooo good!!! I have to say that zucchini is probably one of my fave veggies! There's so much you can do with zucchini! I made zucchini pizzas last year with a GINORMOUS zucchini I had! Slice it up into rounds and make mini pizzas! No pizza crust!

Next year, I'll give you some giant zucchinis! Oh, that would mean a trek over to this side of the island though! ;)

Unknown said...

P.S. I'm going to have to try your recipe! Maybe tonight!

Unknown said...

Me again! I was just about to say that the stuffed zucchini looks like a bone marrow! :) Okay, I'm off...Hope you're having a good weekend! XO

Unknown said...

Zucchini pizzas sounds like a great idea! I have a hard time getting Mason to eat veggies so I may try that one! I will have to make the trek over sometime soon before Garden Gate closes so we can 'meet'!

bodaat said...

Recipe please! That looks GOOD!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails