Thursday, August 13, 2009

Notes from a hot hot house!!

So I have a feeling that when my husband comes home from being on a roof all day and the house is 45 degrees because the oven has been on and I serve him the hot soup I made today he probably will think I am crazy..... But I was feeling a little inspired to cook tonight...

I was watching restaurant makeover and the chef on the show made this soup that looked AMAZING! It was Roasted Cauliflower soup. I made it with a few changes.. really simple. Toss the Cauliflower in olive oil, salt, pepper (I also added Thyme as I had some fresh) and roast in your oven... when done add to a pot with red onions and veggie stock ( I put half veggie, half chicken and added some sweetcorn - a fave with the boys) and simmer.. then blend! Voila you have thick, creamy yummy yummy soup!!!

When we first got our satellite in this house I cheaped out and got the basic package. I have since upgraded and included the cooking network. I don't know how I went so long without it... When I was pregnant the channel never changed from it (which may explain my being over weight now!). Now I draw inspiration from a few other places... Since I started blogging I have found so many amazing blogs and met some pretty cool people. I read blogs that I have bookmarked most mornings with my coffee but the 3 below are ones I look at when I am stuck for something for supper, a dinner party, what to do with left over blueberries or what to make for a bake sale.... Check them out.... Who needs the food network anyways???

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails