Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dinner at 'The School House' - Happy Birthday Ashley!

We are very lucky on this small island that we don't have to travel too far for a great meal.... Want to go out and treat yourself to a good meal???.... well this is the place to go! We headed to The School House on Friday night for a meal for Ashley's birthday, soon as it was so nice we got to sit outside which I have never had the opportunity to do... we must always go at night or when the weather isn't too good! This resturant is housed in a century old schoool house - the original Providence Bay Elementary School. It is quaint, relaxing and they make fabulous food!

When I go out for dinner somewhere were I know I won't be disappointed I always scour the menu for something different and definitely something that I usually wouldn't cook at home (if you know me though there is not much I won't tackle in the kitchen).... there are just some things that are better when they aren't cooked by you. For me one of those things is definitely Lamb... I LOVE lamb. Something I very rarely cook myself.......... So of course that's what I had for my main course. My appetizer... a very yummy crab in a creamy sauce served in a ramekin and for desert......

My all time weakness in life... Creme Brulee!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!! I just recently wrote a post on The School House too! I also had the crab cakes and the creme brulee. I had the chicken instead of lamb, but one of the other people I went with had the lamb and said it was amazing.

Was Craig your waiter? If so, wasn't he the greatest!?! He is hilarious!!!

bodaat said...

Ooooh, sounds yummy!

bodaat said...

Actually, it looks yummy too! My weakness is flan. ooooooh, SO good! Glad you had fun eating out. :)

Unknown said...

I think it was his name.. he was fabulous! Yes it is very yummy and definitely fun eating out, a treat for us here unlike when we lived in the city!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails