Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sad day......




Yesterday we discovered that our poor car Zoe was hit by a car sometime in the night. I found her in the middle of the road right in front of our house. So sad... this was the nicest cat I have ever known. I always have thought with cats it is hit and miss.. you never know what you are getting - if they will curl up and cuddle with you or scratch you eye balls out. I was also never a cat person growing up so I was never really 100% comfortable around them but Zoe made it hard not to love her. She was especially attached to Mason. When she saw or heard him coming she would run to his feet and wait for him to pet her or pick him up. Mason you grab her under her arms and she would just lay there limp and let him carry her around the room, or put her on his bed so they could cuddle together.


We decided to tell Caleb when he got out of bed and let him go and pet her so that he could say goodbye and have some understanding of what happened (also a good lesson - don't run in the road in front of cars). So he did and was upset (I thought Sean was going to ball his eyes out through this part, it was especially hard for him). But I don't think he really has an understanding as to what really happened as he keeps asking if the doctor is going to come to look a Zoe.. then I have to explain the whole thing again and remind him that he already said goodbye. It's a hard one and as traumatic as it would have been I almost think he should have been there when we buried her..? Maybe it would have just made it a little more final for him. It make sme so sad to think about it.. I still expect her to come around the corner outside or curl up with me on the couch.. :(

3 comments:

bodaat said...

oh my gosh Maria. reading your post and seeing the pictures makes me tear up. i am so sorry that she is gone. it sounds like she was a beautiful soul.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about Zoe! That is awful and so sad! This post made me cry :(

Amazing how pets become a huge part of our family, isn't it? They truly become members of our family.

*hugs*

Unknown said...

I can't believe how attached we all were to her in such a short period of time... and like I said I am not a cat person. I told Sean we weren't having any more animals.... it's too hard when something happens and they are gone...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails