Sunday, August 16, 2009

So proud of my hubby!!




Headed out to Lorne Lake tonight for supper & a swim at Mike & Alice's place. We met Mike and Alice when they hired Sean to finish their cottage. When he first went and looked at it, it was just a wood shell, so he finished everything from the shingles on the roof, installing the bathroom & kitchen to the dry wall, painting and the custom trim & stair case that he made. This was a really great project as it gave him lots of room to be creative. Mike gave me a copy of 'Homes & Cottages' magazine once we got there and flicked through to an article written about their cottage and some of the features that it was finished off with complete with pictures! I am so proud of Sean!! There aren't a lot of before photos that I can find but I included a few... bad quality as they were taken from a palm pilot....

Drywall hung, temporary stairs & bridge built...

Kitchen down below, bedroom upstairs..

Custom Trim work...

Walk way Sean had just built....

Walk way finished!

Sitting area...

Custom staircase....

I can see why Mike and Alice love their waterfront get away... it is so peaceful and relaxing. We had a yummy supper (Lemon pepper pork chops from Burt's Farms), pasta salad, boiled new potatoes & cheese bread. To drift a little bit.... tomorrow is Monday so I am back on my diet again... I kind of fall off the wagon a little bit on the weekends but try to really stick to it during the week. I haven't weighed myself so I don't know if I have lost but I 'feel' like I have... so I guess that is all that really matters. Anyways some pictures from this afternoon, the boys on their boat ride and bike ride!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh WOW!!! A lot to be proud of! Hooray for your hubby!

Hmmmm...Should we decide to knock down this old house and build anew, perhaps we should get him to do the construction!

BTW, my SIL said that your hubby is the sweetest and most supportive hubby ever. She said that when you met up with her so she could pick up Little One's baptism cake that you made, your husband was just going on about how wonderful a job you did and he seemed so proud. You guys are soooo cute! Love it!

bodaat said...

wow, please tell Sean how impressed I am with his work! how fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails